Restaurant, COFFEE SHOP & bar
DELICIOUS DINING IN OUR RESTAURANT WITH A FANTASTIC VIEW
Kids eat FREE at both Breakfast & Lunch from Monday 29th August to Friday 2nd September
Please quote KEFAug22 when you order. See full terms and conditions
Breakfast & Brunch (Mon-Sat 9.00-11.30am & Sun 9.30-11.30am) Lunch (Mon-Sat 12.00pm-4.30pm & Sun 12:00pm-3.30pm) Afternoon Tea (Daily 2.00pm-4.30pm & till 3.30pm Sun)
Set against the backdrop of Ilkley Moor, enjoy relaxed dining in our light and airy restaurant, offering healthy, hearty, and nourishing dishes served over breakfast, brunch and lunch.
Our menus feature the best of Yorkshire produce and it has become a go-to dining spot for people in this beautiful part of Yorkshire. Our award-winning brunch includes Truffled chestnut mushrooms with chives on toasted bloomer, Eggs Benedict, Royale and Florentine as well as a traditional fry up.
Expect lunch dishes packed full of flavour, stand-out seasonal mains and salads and bowls of our signature hash browns or Koffmanns’ fries to order on the side.
On Sunday enjoy a delicious roast sirloin of beef with all the trimmings. Served from 12 noon until 3.30 pm and the great news is no booking is required.
On a sunny day head to our terrace with its fantastic view where you can enjoy our delicious menu including coffees, teas, and wonderful locally baked goods – it’s a great way to relax and unwind whilst enjoying great quality food served by the friendly team.
NO BOOKINGS REQUIRED! We want everyone to enjoy the Moss & Moor experience. As such, we don’t take table reservations and will do our very best to accommodate everyone as safely and quickly as possible.
Kids Breakfast Dishes NOW AVAILABLE Download our menus below
ENJOY MOUTH WATERING DISHES FOR BREAKFAST, BRUNCH & LUNCH
Yorkshire Post Saturday ‘the magazine’
Rated 5/5 in Restaurant Ratings for WELCOME, FOOD, ATMOSPHERE and PRICESRead the full article here
‘The Best Garden Centre Restaurant‘
Awarded for Catering Excellence
CELEBRATE IN STYLE WITH AFTERNOON TEA
Children’s Afternoon Tea Available for 3 weeks from 8th August
A delicious afternoon tea made just for KIDS for £8 per child.
Children too can enjoy the delights of our popular afternoon tea. Chef Kevin has adapted a selection of finger sandwiches to include ham, cream cheese, egg mayonnaise and strawberry jam all cut into fun shapes. Served with a selection of sweet treats of Mini scones, Chocolate rice crispy cakes, Jammy dodgers and Raspberry jelly and cream , Eton mess and a choice of drink.
Invite along their friends or your family to have the perfect afternoon.
Please book 24 hrs in advance on the same adult booking form below and include the number of Children’s afternoon teas you would like
It’s easy to find an excuse for afternoon tea at Moss & Moor, whether for a celebration or a catch up with friends or family.
Served daily from 2:00pm until 4.30pm and until 3.30pm on Sunday guests can enjoy a delicious selection of finger sandwiches with classic fillings of cucumber and chive, Staal smoked salmon and land cress, egg mayonnaise and coronation chicken , freshly baked fruit scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream plus sweet treats of carrot cake, Yorkshire tea loaf and a raspberry and almond tart.
£19.00 each or with a glass of Rosato frizzante £23.00 each.
£8 per child for the special Children’s Afternoon Tea available from Monday 8th Aug to Sunday 28th Aug
BOOKING REQUIRED – Please let us know on the booking ‘comments section’ if you are booking a children’s afternoon tea.
JOIN US FOR OUR SPECIAL EVENING DINNER EVENTS
We were overwhelmed by the feedback we received from those that attended our special five course beer pairing and cheese inspired dinners.
We were pleased that our guests enjoyed these special evening events co-hosted with our respective local partners Ilkley Brewery and Cryer & Stott
Our next social dining experience with a delicious difference will be held in SEPT…details coming soon!
If you want to be one of the first to know about our events please email us on email@example.com or sign up to our newsletter now!Sign me up
What a fantastic evening!David Scally
That was the best dinner I’ve eaten for three years.
The food was superb. The wines were excellent. The talk was entertaining and informative and the happy, smiley service was second to none.
Look forward to the next one.
Many thanks to all concerned and best regards
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Summer vegetable and Parmesan tart (Serves 4)
This is a simple and tart that’s ideal for a light lunch, or as a dinner party starter.
If you prefer to keep it vegetarian, then just switch the Parmesan out for pretty much any other cheese of your liking.
In the spring, it’s a bonus to be able to throw in some chopped asparagus too, while in season.
For the full ingredients and method click below to…
250-300g ready-made, all-butter puff pastry, and some flour for dusting
200 mls milk
100 mls double cream
150g cheddar cheese, grated
50g parmesan, finely grated
2 egg yolks
100g frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and roughly chopped
150g frozen broad beans
150g frozen peas
Salt and pepper
You will need – 4 individual tart tins – approx 10cm diameter and 3cm deep
- Roll out the pastry on a floured table to about 2mm thick. Use to line the four individual tart tins. Using your thumb and forefinger, firm the pastry up to – and a little over – the top of the tins. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, then line the tarts with greaseproof paper or foil and fill with baking beans. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Bake the cases for 20 minutes, then remove the baking beans and paper and return to the oven for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the tins and leave on a wire rack to cool.
- In a saucepan heat the milk and cream to a simmer.
- In another saucepan make a roux by melting the butter, adding the flour and cooking over a low heat for 5 minutes or so stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the warm milk and cream, stirring until you have a thick white sauce, turn the heat down low and cook for a good 10 minutes or so.
- Add the Cheddar and mix well until smooth. Remove from the heat, season to taste and mix in the egg yolks.
- In a pan of boiling salted water, cook the broad beans and peas for a couple of minutes, until tender, drain and mix with the spinach, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the vegetables with 80% of the sauce, and then divide this mix equally between your tart cases. Then spoon the remaining sauce over the top of each tart, and then top each tart with the grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 4-6 minutes until warm, and golden brown on top. You may want to finish under a hot grill if they need a little more colour.