Privacy and Cookies
Moss & Moor Limited, Coutances Way, Ilkley, LS29 7HQ. Registered Office: 12a Montpellier Parade, Harrogate HG1 2TJ. Company Registration Number 11948691. We can be contacted by telephone on 01943 663699 and by email on email@example.com.
Moss & Moor is currently subject to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (the “Regulation”). The Regulation sets out how personal information and data retained by organisations and business are to be used and protected, so that the rights of individual, both inside and outside of the firm, are safeguarded.
We are registered for data protection purposes with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under Number Z5744899.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this information so that we can make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible and to offer you benefits of receiving marketing communications if you choose to. This information is processed under lawful basis with your consent, and we will not seek more information than is required for us to comply our legal or regulatory requirements.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We do not ask for any sensitive information such as disability, sexual orientation, race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs. We recommend that you do not share this information with us.
What information do we collect and from where?
When you visit us at Moss & Moor, in-store or online, we ask for, and collect, personal information to fulfil your order, correspond with you and for our operational business. This includes:
• Your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address. Payment or bank details for the sale are stored securely within the merchant provider Verifone.
• Details of your transactions, including purchases and refunds.
• Email address to receive electronic receipts from a store.
• Email address for marketing if you have consented to this when receiving an electronic receipt.
• CCTV recordings in our stores. The footage is monitored by key personnel only and we retain the CCTV images for 30 days. These are then automatically deleted except when required for evidential purposes.
• Your email address, telephone number and postal address for enquiries to be passed to our customer services tea.
• Name and Email address for Marketing and Communications Data such as preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. Any relevant changes to data e.g change of contact information are recorded promptly, and that any outdated and unnecessary information is deleted.
• Email and postal address for marketing you have consented to.
.• IP address(es), device and browser information, and any cookies and similar technologies you have opted in to or are that are essential to use our website as well as looking at how our customers use our site when they visit us.
• Social media handles, information shared for us to communicate with you and opinions from reviews.
We may also collect, and third-party providers such as Google Analytics may also collect, information regarding your visit to www.mossandmoor.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g search engines, social media or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, and duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information is only processed in a way which does not identity anyone and we do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our site. This information may be collected, even if you do not register an account with us. We also collect anonymous data from the website to see how it’s working.
Signing-up to our newsletter & marketing communications
Your name and email address are requested when you sign up to receive our email newsletter or to be kept informed. If you sign up to our newsletter, we may also track information and data from marketing emails or emails sent under legitimate interest such as open and click-through-rates to help us improve our service to you.
We use this information to email you of news, updates, special offers and in-store events from us.
All addresses are currently stored in the site’s database and are not sent anywhere or shared with any third party. We retain this information until you withdraw your consent to receiving our newsletter and on-going communication. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing emails click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of any email communications.
When you report an accident on our premise
When you report an accident collect your name, address, telephone number, occupation, email address will be included on a standard accident form. This information is then scanned and stored digitally on secure severs. We will retain this information for a period of 3 years from the time of the accident or where a claim has been made until that claim is settled.
We will use this information to investigate the accident, decide if a risk assessment is required and to contact you in relation to the matter.
This information may be shared with our insurers and regulatory bodies.
When you report lost property
If you report that you have lost property in-store we will collect your name, address, telephone number and a description of the property.
We will use this information only to contact you about the lost item to verify ownership and their subsequent return.
Contact via social media
Where you have contacted us via social media to make an enquiry, we will respond via the same channel unless the response requires us to disclose your personal data, or the enquiry is complex. In this case, we will use the email address or phone number you have provided when you placed your order or ask you for this information to continue the communication if you have not placed an order.
If you tag Moss & Moor in an Instagram post we may reach out to you to request permission to share your post on our website. If the image is clicked on your Instagram handle will be made available in the image as the owner of the original post. If you decline permission to share your post, we will not share the post on our website.
Social media comments and content that you place on Moss & Moor remain under your control and you can remove these at any time.
Contact via telephone
When you contact us via telephone to make an enquiry, we may collect some or all of the following information directly from you. Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and details of your reason for contacting us.
Telephone conversations will not be recorded but we may record the number from where the call is made. This information is processed under lawful basis with your consent and the information retained until our enquiry has been satisfactory resolved.
Contact via email
When you contact us via email to make an enquiry, we will collect your email address and any personal information contained in the body of the email.
This information is processed under lawful basis with your consent and the information retained until your enquiry has been satisfactory resolved. If they relate to a financial transaction or purchase in-store, they may be held for 7 years. This includes sensitive information that you choose to share with us by email – we recommend you do not share this type of information with us.
Participation in promotional photographs
When you participate in promotional photographs, we collect personal information in the form of images and seek approval to use images and any information such as names, address and age for the use of marketing and promotional purposes.
This information is processed under lawful basis with your consent.
The bit we cannot control
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by most browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If enabled, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked. Tracking is used for a wide variety of reasons ranging from social or advertising networks measuring effectiveness or third-party analytical services such as Google Analytics to improve customer experience and provide statistical analysis.
Moss & Moor does not currently respond to Do not track (DNT) requests.
How long will we keep your information?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for or the required retention time under other legislation. This reduces the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant and maintains our commitment to the safety of your privacy and personal data. The longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years from the time of your purchase as required by existing financial legislation. For furniture products we may hold your data to comply with the guarantee that the supplier offers.
What are your rights?
You have certain rights around the processing of your data. These include:
- a right to be kept informed about how we process your data. This is the purpose of this Privacy Statement.
- a right to withdraw consent at any time.
- a right to access the personal data that we hold about you. (To exercise this right, you will need to complete and submit a subject access request).
- a right to rectification where the data we hold is either inaccurate or incomplete.
- a right to erasure where:
- the data is no longer required for the purpose that it was originally collected, or you have withdrawn your consent.
- you have objected to processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest to us continuing with our processing activities, and
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed or must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- a right to restrict processing of personal data where:
- you contest its accuracy.
- you have objected to the processing, and we are considering that objection.
- the processing is unlawful, and we no longer need the data, but you require it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- a right to data portability.
- a right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests, performance of a task in the public interest or the exercise of official authority.
- direct marketing, and
- processing for scientific/historic research or statistical purposes.
- a right to not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing, and it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
Alternatively, you can write to us at: Moss & Moor, Coutances Way, Ilkley LS29 7HQ.